Sunday, August 11, 2013

Quilt Retreat Blog 1

Quilt Retreat at Camp Lakeview in Seymour Indiana was great!  It will take more than one post for what I think is good stuff!!!!
 
Above are some woods and water but I always forget to take a photo of the building. 
Here is the link http://www.camplakeview.com/ if you're ever looking for a place to meet.
We meet in the new lodge.

This is my friend/sister Suzy working on binding.  Another day I'll show you the beautiful quilt she made.

These two photos are views of the ends of the large room we are in.  There is a meal service here and the sleeping rooms are downstairs.  Suzy and I were able to get a room to ourselves as she wrote on the form how bad I snore.  LOL  She is like me and can't hear so we each take out our hearing aids and then it's quiet!!

I think there were 30 of us at this retreat.  We each have an 8ft table to ourselves.  She said that she could put 36 in but that would make things close.  There are usually 5 people to a group and she will have a ironing board and cutting area set up for each group.  This time there was only one time that I had to wait less than 5 minutes for a cutting board.  These are large cutting areas.
I have gone to another retreat and I like it but you have two people to an 8ft table and there are not as many irons or cutting tables.  That one usually has 80 plus people.  I enjoy it (not the cramped area) as the people are so nice and the facilities are great.  It's a nice hotel with a pool, etc. but it costs a lot more and is one less day.

This is a quilt that one of the ladies made for a granddaughter.  It took 40 hours for the machine embroidery!  But this is an amazing quilt.

Here are some close-ups of the embroidered blocks.




A flower in the woods. 

I'll have more in the next post.  Great time and I got a lot done.

2 comments:

Sheri said...

beautiful site for a retreat! Are those little blocks hand embroidered or machine embroidered? I think you said it took 40 hours for the machine embroidery?

kiwikid said...

What a beautiful place for a retreat!
Seems like you had a very productive time.
xx