Sunday, July 21, 2013

Week 4 Savings, a Recipe and new glasses

I added $15.00 to my stash this week as I only went out to eat one time for lunch.  I think if I have extra money then it needs to go into this savings.  My total at Week 4 should be $10.00 but with adding extra I'm now at $44.00!!!  I hope my enthusiasm continues as I look forward to putting money in there every week. 
 
 
This is what I had for lunch today!  I went to a place and was served Birdseed Pasta Salad a couple of years ago and came home and tried to figure it out.  I use whatever pasta I have, cut up broccoli, cauliflower, sweet onion, dried cranberries, sunflower seeds and I use Poppy seed Dressing.  This is a sweet pasta salad because of the dressing but very good.  On just this serving I added some Feta cheese.  If I had had some ripe tomatoes I would have added that to my portion.  The tomatoes get so watery if left in the salad that I like to add them per serving but if you're going to eat it all then add them in!  I would have added cucumbers if I had those.  I think this is a salad that you can add what's on hand and it's yummy!

I cooked the rest of the broccoli and cauliflower as I'm going to add that to some chicken I made in the crock pot yesterday and I baked some rice so I can have some good lunches this week and add more to the savings!!!

I don't normally put my photo up anywhere as I look so old for 31 but I have new glasses and wanted to share them.  My one eye had changed 4 levels!!  I just thought I was going blind as I was not seeing well with my glasses.  Very happy to know that my eyes are okay.
 
I'm still working on projects after the Friday Nite Sew-In.  I'm working on making the different Make It/Take It things I want to do for our sewing group.  I'll show you some of the things soon but you saw the Christmas Tree hanging already.  I had soooo much fun making that!!!
 
It rained here last night so I didn't have to water but it's hot outside. 
 
Have a wonderful day/evening!!!

2 comments:

Maggie said...

Hi Judy, Thanks for visiting my blog. That salad looks delicious. I'm looking for new salad ideas as it's too hot for cooking here at the moment. Glad your eyes are ok. Maggie xx

Maggie said...

Hi Judy, Thanks for visiting my blog. That salad looks delicious. I'm looking for new salad ideas as it's too hot for cooking here at the moment. Glad your eyes are ok. Maggie xx