I found this blog when I was over at Lucy's http://attic24.typepad.com/weblog/ I've been a fan of Lucy for a long time and now I'm a fan of the two Janes.
I also keep track of the Hen over at http://henhousehomemade.blogspot.com/
She does some marvelous quilt blocks and now she would like to start up a quilting bee. Go over and take a look at her thoughts. I know I'm in!
I still am hoping this coming year or the next to go over to the UK for a few weeks. I think I will try a house swap as that would be the way to feel like you're part of the community. Anyone ever tried this?
There are a lot of blogs that I like but these came to mind this morning!
Wednesday, September 1, 2010
Tuesday, August 31, 2010
This beauty is being given away at CraftoPotamus
I didn't want to share but I knew that I had to give all of you a chance to win this beautiful quilt!
No offense, but I really really want to win this!!!!!!!!!!
This is soooo beautiful!!! Please let me win!!
Sunday, August 29, 2010
A few months ago I bought this coffee table and it's a big table (31"x31") and I would love to have it in my living room but it overwhelms the room. I knew that I wanted to paint it and I was going to paint it white but then I decided on a different color. I warn you that there are several photos.
Scratches on the table.
Top of table but I used a constructors primer for all the stains.
After priming the top I started to paint the table black. See the grass? This is what happens when there is no rain! If you're having rain, could you send some our way? We could use some 70's with no humidity!!
- This is the table painted black and getting ready to be decoupaged.
- I cut the papers and started working on what I'm going to do. I used chalk and divided the table so that I could start in the middle.
- I started this last night before I went to bed. I got this much completed.
- Here is the table all completed this morning. I need to put some shellac on the top so that the top is waterproof.
- The girl's and I went to a festival yesterday and they had their faces painted.