Monday, October 13, 2008

Word Play

The following is copied from another Blog http://beachtreasure.blogspot.com/2006/04/wordplay.html so that we can play this word game. My "A" is after the guidelines. Come on and play along!!

Wordplay Guidelines
This project was inspired by a now lost and unknown blogger's entry one day entitled "W is for..." I thought about all the W's in my life and decided right then and there to make my own personal dictionary of words, starting with "A is for...." and moving through each letter, about one a week.To play, make your own "A is for...." post on your blog. It can be as short or as long as you'd like. Just think of all the A words that are special unto you and tell us why, succintly or at great length. Photos are always nice if you've got extra time hanging around unused. Then a week or so later, give us your "B is for...." post, and so on, all the way to Z. Check out some of the participants posts and you'll catch on quick. It's not rocket surgery. It's all about play. And it's about words. And it's about YOUR personal relationship with them.To participate, send me an e-mail letting me know you'd like your name added to the list of participants and I'll send you the HTML you'll need to put the Wordplay Icon on your blog. Scroll on down and take a look at it over in the sidebar. See it? Isn't it just too cute!? It will link back to this post. Easy peasy. Creative and technical thank you to Deirdre for helping set this up, as I am a bear-of-very- little-computer-skills.Play at your own pace, although the general idea is to do finish up sometime this year. I'm aiming at about one letter a week, although I might fall behind if I'm out of town a lot, which is in the schedule. You're welcome to create your own routine. It would helpful to make a list of your Wordplay posts in your own sidebar, or simply stick to the "A is for...", "B is for...." titles, so someone can find your Wordplay posts in a blog search bar.For the moment, I'm going to concentrate on creating my blog entries, but hope this project will develop into the making of altered book(s). Eventually I will move the whole kit and caboodle to it's own blog or list so we can be more interactive. But don't wait until then join in on the fun. A is for ASAP!

A is for
Appreciation of each other even tho' none of us are alike.
B is for
Believing in yourself
C is for
Creating with our God given talents
D is for
Designing

1 comment:

Laume said...

How nice to see Wordplay still being enjoyed. You might want to back to go back to my blog and search "A is for", "B is for..." or any letter, and see how I played. I did a bunch of words for each letter. Or do a Google Blog search for "Wordplay" and see if you see how others played. I know there's a couple of similar blog games making the rounds that do the singular definition. Either way is fun, whichever resonates for you. Those of us who first went through the whole alphabet, I think we all got a lot out of it, it was a really personalized alternative to all those meme's out there. I'll have to check back and see how your alphabet grows!