Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year

Photos of the girls on Christmas morning.


Happy New Year and as my friend Molly said as we toasted last night - "I'm glad 2008 is gone." When we read the papers it seems that it will only get worse before it gets better. I think that we will have a great 2009 and if we need to tighten our belts then we can. At least I hope!!


I don't know about others but I don't drive a block like I used to. I think that we can learn a lot from our sisters in Europe that have always been smart about walking or taking public transportation. I've changed where I go to the dentist and getting my hair cut. I can walk to both places. I walked to get my hair cut at 5:30am this morning!! I can't believe that I did this but he's going away for three weeks and he said he'd fit me in at 5:30am this morning and I walked over there. But he knows how to cut my hair and he's reasonable!! Of course I came home and went back to bed but he has a full schedule today.


Today one of our pastors and his wife are going away for a couple of days and I'll go and stay at their house with the two boys and three dogs. The boys are great and it should be fun as they have a Wii! I've never played this and so I'm looking forward to that and I want to take my granddaughters over since they have never played it before. Okay I have to go as I want to do some cleaning this morning. Ugh!


Have a great day!

1 comment:

Barb said...

Just dropped by to check out your blog and to thank you for entering my blog giveaway.


I am going browsing!!