Saturday, August 21, 2010

Decoupaged Table

I found this pitiful thing at a garage sale and I think that I paid either two or three dollars.  It has sat in the garage for a month or two and I started to work on it last week.
I found this paper on clearance at JoAnn's and it was 80 pages for $7.97.  I love this paper and some of the sheets have writing and I always think that is so cool.  I didn't have a plan except for the middle and this is what I did.  I personally like it a lot.  I had thought that I would do some painting on the bottom but these colors just make the dark wood pop and it's a little beat up so it has the rustic look.  On the side braces there had been spindles but when I bought it there was only one so I removed it and then to cover the holes I put a piece of the paper and I think that turned out well.
A look at the top of the table.
I'm going to try to sell all of this decoupaged stuff and lots and lots more stuff at a garage sale and I always try to buy one big thing and I know what I want.  I want the AccuQuilt Go soooo bad!!  Does anyone have one and want to share their thoughts?  I want to hear the good, the bad and the ugly parts.
I think that one of the reasons that I'm getting so much done is that I signed up for the Friday Night Sew In and I got a lot done last night and now today.  Thanks Heidi and Bobbi for sponsoring this and I can't wait for the next one!!
One very good thing happened in southern Indiana this morning and we had some rain.  I had hoped it would rain all day but it hasn't but I don't have to water today!!  The grass even looks more green than brown.
Hope everyone is having a great day!!
One more question - Is anyone else addicted to decoupage? 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I came over to thank you for commenting on my striped table and what do I find but another great table twist. I love those colors too. I can see why you went with this. How many coats of modge podge do use on a table like this?
Pam