Friday, August 20, 2010

Friday Night Sew In Work

Friday Night Sew In
First item is I have made 2 9 patch blocks with I Spy fabric

I cut them like a Disappearing 9 Patch and then sewed them back together.
When fall sewing starts we will put fleece behind each of these and we will be able to give them to agencies that deal with children.  It will give them something small, there will be items to find and the fleece will make it very soft.
The blocks below are ones that I've had for several years
Tonight I sewed them together and I still need to press this and of course it will have to be quilted.  It's not a big quilt but I have a friend who would love this for her sofa so I think this is where it will go.  Maybe a Christmas gift?
I had 3 blocks left so I'll make a pillow for her.
If I had not signed up for the Friday Night Sew In then none of this would have been done.  So I'm pretty excited that I have gotten this much done.  Maybe I'll do more in the morning!!

No comments: