Saturday, March 16, 2013

March 17, 2013 Orange Quilt

Working more on my black, white and yellow blocks.  Thinking about adding a little yellow between them.  Have to wait and see.  These blocks started out at 12.5" then I added 2.5" of black all around  At this time I think I have 36 blocks but I'm thinking about adding another row on the bottom.  I keep changing my mind as I'm working on them!!

This is a purse that my daughter knitted with wool and then felted.  I really like it a lot and it's very large!!
 

This is another block to add to my rainbow blocks.  Need to work on more than one project or I go crazy!!

This is a little batik curtain I made for my sewing room

A friend of mine left yesterday for Italy but left this book for me to look at and also I offerred to make some quilt blocks for a quilt she is doing for her granddaughter.  This quilt has a gazillion pieces so hopefull I can get a couple of blocks done.  I'm not crazy about little tiny pieces that are futzy!  But I want to help my friend.

This is a pillow that I purchased in the Thrift Shop that I volunteer at once a month.  I love this rabbit.

Here is my orange quilt completed even with the binding!!  I must confess that I sent it out to be quilted and my friend Suzy did the binding.  She is amazing at binding!!!  I am blessed with wonderful friends!!

This is a large mug rug that we did at quilting group and yes I did this binding.  I'm slow!!
 
Well it's almost 60 degrees here in Indiana and the sun is even shining.  In this state the winters are gloomy with not a lot of sunshine.  I do love the sunshine!!!
 
Check back soon as I'm going to start clearing out some fabric and I'm going to put it up for sale here.  At least that is my plan.
 
Have a great day or evening!!!

No comments: