Saturday, April 13, 2013

International Quilt Festival Cincinnanti Ohio 2013 Blog A

This is Poky Bolton from Quilting Arts TV show with me on day 2
This is a look from the 3rd floor window of the floor about the time they opened the doors on Saturday Morning
Poky on Thursday evening for The Iron Competition
This quilt was about memories of growing up in the 50's and the more you looked the more items you found.  It was a stroll down memory lane for my friends and meI as well as a lot of others that were there.  This did win a first prize and it is an amazing quilt.  Too bad I'm not a great photographer!!
This quilt was another memory and the person that made it did not have a photo of her father so this is what she remembers.
Another memory quilt and it was very well done.  Another photo below.
 
Memories of going to the grandparents home
A sister and brother.  This was a wonderful quilt of the maker and her brother as children.  She was selling it and we were surprised at that as it seems like a family heirloom
Beautiful quilt, loved the fabrics and the photo below shows the binding

Art Quilt
I loved these houses and all the colors

I liked this quilt
This bird was amazing and the quilting was something else.  I kept looking and looking at what an amazing job she did on the quilting.  The colors and piecing were wonderful!!
The show had about 500 quilts but it was not as large as last year and there were not as many art quilts.  The crowd seemed lighter but I was down there at odd times since I took TWO classes.  I will do a whole post on the classes as I loved them both but the one was amazing!!!  I wish I could take classes more often.
We met a lot of people from Canada, Holland, and all over the US.  It's wonderful how friendly quilters are but then we have soooo much to share. 
A LOT of raw edge applique.
Back soon with more photos!!
 

No comments: