Saturday, July 6, 2013

July 4th Activities and Quiche

This is my friend Wilma and on the 4th we went to Brown Co. State Park so that I could take some photos.  She had just gotten done telling me that her hair was too flat and I turned around to tell her that her hair looked nice.

This was the view we were looking at during the first photo.  It was a drizzly day as it would sprinkle some then quit but the sun never did come out.


I love photos of trees against the sky.
The woods along the little creek that was below when the creek curved

Another shot of the stream.  If it had been warm I would have went wading!!  Remember doing that as a child?

We were standing under this huge tree and all at once it just pored the rain.  We did not get wet at all as that tree was full of leaves and gave great protection.

These lake photos are of Ogle lake which is part of the park.  There is a trail that is about 1.5 miles around the lake but in this weather we did not attempt it.


Another area of the lake with this tree across.  This would make a good landscape quilt.  Maybe one of these days I'll try it.

I loved the contrast in greens of these trees.  Nature is amazing and beautiful!!

These two photos are what I did yesterday.  I had seen on Pinterest where you can make small quiches in cupcake pans so that is what I did.  I froze all of these and can use them for breakfast or lunch at work.
I don't really have a recipe for quiche.  But this is approximately what I do
4 eggs, beaten
2/3 cup milk, cream whatever you have
In this one I added cut up cherry tomatoes and asparagus
I use a lot of cheese - 2 cups and I either shake them in a bag with a tablespoon of flour or add a heaping tablespoon of cornstarch for thickener right in the egg mixture an stir good.  If you add flour into the mixture you will get lumps so that's the reason that I do it this way.
Sometimes I put less shredded cheese and take fresh mozzarella and slice it in the quiche (GOOD!!)
I bake at 350 until it's done and that's around 30 - 40 minutes
Sometimes I add fresh herbs like basil, thyme and rosemary and sometime not.
 
I'm a cook that does not always follow a recipe or add or delete items.  I don't do this with baking of course as you have to be more exact or you have a big flop!! LOL
 
I've been sewing some but mostly trying to organize as it's that time of the year.  I've sold a few things on E-Bay as I need money for a quilt retreat that I would like to go to in November.  Or I may save the money for the International Quilt Festival in April.  That one I like to take classes.
 
I hope the sun is shining in your part of the world as it sure isn't here today.  A good day to clean and I want to get in the sewing room as I need to sell some of this fabric!!!  Don't we all??
 

No comments: